The European Union has published the report ‘EU Agricultural Outlook for markets, income and environment 2020-2030′ in which it carries out an analysis of the prospects expected in the next decade, until 2030. These are prospects and, therefore, Therefore, the data may vary.
- Sustainability is expected to take a more prominent role in the EU meat markets, both among producers and consumers.
- Covid19, outbreaks and ASF will cause great uncertainty regarding the global demand for meat.
- Per capita meat consumption in the EU is projected to decline by 1.1 kg to 67.6 kg in 2030.
- Pork: The EU should remain the dominant supplier, but the record levels of 2019-2020 are not expected to recover.
- Beef: production and consumption in Europe will decrease but export opportunities increase.
- Sheep and goat meat production and consumption in the EU is expected to remain stable.
You have more information in this link