33% of the population admits that they are poorly or poorly trained to know if information on food on the Internet is more or less reliable.
With this premise, next Tuesday, March 24, will take place in Barcelona the day “Food to debate. What does society ask for? ” a technical conference that will be presented by Carmel Mòdol, general director of Food, Quality and Agrifood Industries of the Department of Agricultura, Pesca i Alimentació of the Generalitat of Catalunya.
The appointment will take place in the auditorium of the Central Services of the DARP (Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 612-614)
The day is free although prior registration is required to ruralcat.gencat.cat/inscripcionspatt
The program of the day will be:
- 11.30h Presentation of the day by Carmel Mòdol
- 11.45 Presentation of the results of the work: “Interests and informative habits related to food, by Mr. Gonzalo Casino. Observatory of Scientific Communication. Pompeu Fabra University.
- 12.15h The collaborative process to define and activate the Canal Aliments platform. Results of work with experts. In charge of Mrs. Loreto Rubio. Sinergia Value Communication Company.
- 12.45h. Round table. The food information requested by society. Current situation. What do you want, what do you expect and what do you need? Who gives it and how does it get? Is it validated or contrasted?
- Mr. J. M. Mulet. Associate Professor of Biotechnology at the Polytechnic University of Valencia. Author of the publications “What is eating healthy” ?, “Eating without fear” and “Tomatoes with genes”.
- Rocío Pérez Benavente, journalist and coordinator of Maldita Ciencia, journalism platform to control disinformation.
- Marc Amorós, journalist and author of the book “Fake News. The truth of the false news. ”
- Moderator: Mr. Isaac Salvatierra, head of communication at DARP.