€10.2 M in aid for the agri-food and forestry sector in Catalonia

The Department of Climate Action, Food and Rural Agenda of the Generalitat of Catalonia makes available to the agri-food and forestry sector of Catalonia, through two calls for aid, more than 10.2 million euros to invest in innovation and research projects .



Support for innovation

The first line of aid, which is endowed with 7.5 million euros, supports innovation in terms of productivity and sustainability to the operational groups of the European Innovation Association (AEI-Agri). Both to execute pilot projects, and to prepare those that are still in an initial phase and still require an approach prior to piloting.

These operational groups are groups of different entities, companies or agents, with research centers created with the aim of solving specific problems or taking advantage of opportunities detected, based on collaborative work on an innovation project.

The total amount of this 2023 call is 7,500,000 euros, 57% co-financed by the DACC, while the remaining 43% is provided by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD). Applications can be submitted until January 31, 2024.

Support for knowledge transfer

The Official Gazette of the Generalitat (DOGC) has published a second line with 2,725,000 euros to support the transfer of technical and management knowledge.

The projects must respond to the areas of plant health; improving the management of livestock manure and fertilization; efficient water, energy and land management; animal welfare; sustainable food production; food quality and safety; the bioeconomy and the circular economy and waste reduction; the promotion of practices for the mitigation and adaptation of climate change and preservation of biodiversity; digitalization and agri-food and forestry innovation. universities whose purpose is research. Applications can be submitted until February 5.

Our partners